- Simplified usage of other NIO based file systems, e.g. in-memory file systems for unit testing
- OSGi Headers are added in released jar files and a p2 update site is available next to the maven repository
- Fixed type handler incompatibilities with JDK 11
- Removed wrongfully initial values in configuration for deletion and truncation directories
From 4.1 no actions are necessary, for older versions see below.
- Exporter API for storage configuration.
- Better error handling in housekeeping, to avoid storage channel thread interruptions.
- Fixed XML loading bug under Android.
Bugfix release for projects using an old non public version.
- Fixed bug in type dictionary parser for old legacy type handlers
- Compatibility with projects using java modules ("jigsaw")
- Added JavaDoc for common types like
- Auto-recognition for CSV separator character in configuration files (e.g. legacy type mapping)
- Fixed a potential race condition during loading
- Fixed a potential race condition and robustness issue during storing
StorageConnectionFoundationinstance is now properly created on demand.
- Removed unnecessary memory consumption exponential to channel count.
- Improved exception messages on invalid configuration values (file sizes etc.)
- Workarounded a JDK bug regarding file locking when importing files (JDK exception says another process is locking the file which is outright wrong)
- Fixed type resolving problems when different ClassLoaders are involved.
- Fixed a bug that caused loading of zero-length arrays to throw an exception despite everything being fine.
- Various smaller bugfixes for unnecessary exceptions in special cases and state robustness after exceptions.
From 2.2 no actions are necessary, for older versions see below.
SelfStoringwithout replacement since it could not be used recursively and has no advantages over just creating a static storing utility method for a certain entity.
- Added state validation of value type objects (e.g. String, Integer, BigDecimal, etc.) upon loading. This is hardly relevant in practice, but not having it can lead to confusing hello-world-like test applications.
- Replaced all provisional
RuntimeExceptions with either
StorageException, depending on the architectural level the corresponding source code it located.
- The two technically different root handling concepts ("default" and "custom") have been consolidated in a way that they are the same thing on the API level and interchangeable, meaning no more confusion with those root exception messages.
- All entity fields of type
transient EmbeddedStorageManagernow get a reference to the used
EmbeddedStorageManagerinstance set upon loading/updating.
- The interfaces around storage managing have been enhanced so that it is now equally valid to just write
- Slight technical consolidation of Lazy reference handling caused the type Lazy to be moved from the package
one.microstream.reference. The reason is that the lazy handling has actually no inherent connection to persistence or storage. It's actually just a generic concept that can be used by those layers. See Migration Guide below on how to adjust existing projects.
- Fixed an off-heap memory leak when restarting the storage multiple times in the same process.
- Fixed a bug where changing the fields of an entity type caused an exception. This was a regression bug from fixing a similar problem for another case in version 2.1. Now, both cases work correctly.
All occurrences in user code of
one.microstream.persistence.lazy.Lazyhave to be refactored to
one.microstream.reference.Lazy. Modern IDEs provide a functionality to "auto-import" missing types or automatically "organize imports", so this should be resolved with a proverbial push of a button.
- Android support MicroStream is now Java-wise fully compatible with Android.
- Replaced all usages of
java.nio.file.Pathto allow using custom file implementations.
- Improved skipping functionality of Storers (see
- The class Lazy is now an interface to allow custom implementations. See Migration guide below.
- Fixed a few minor bugs in the skipping functionality of Storers.
- Fixed a bug where files remained locked after the storage was shut down.
- Fixed a bug where files remained locked after an exception in storage initialization.
- Enums defining an abstract method are now handled correctly.
- By default, all threads created by MicroStream now start with the prefix "MicroStream-". This can be customized by the new interface
- Fixed a NullPointerException in import.
- Fixed a bug that caused enums with a certain field layout to be loaded inconsistently.
java.util.Localeis now persisted and created using Locale's
In the directory of an existing storage, in the TypeDictionary file (default name "PersistenceTypeDictionary.ptd"), all occurances of "one.microstream.persistence.lazy.Lazy" must be replaced with "one.microstream.persistence.lazy.Lazy$Default".